Founded by Charles C. Fries in 1941, the ELI originated the first intensive English language research and training program of its kind in the world. The establishment of the ELI is considered one of the key developments in the history of the international development of English Language teaching around the world. Today the ELI continues to be recognized worldwide as a principal center of second language research, teaching and testing.
555 S. Forest Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Visit the Program on the Web at:
Program End Date
Sponsoring Service Unit(s)
Program Available to these Cities